The LogTag TRED30-16R vaccine data logger is intended for use as the principle means for monitoring storage conditions in vaccine refrigerators. Refrigerators containing Prevenar and or RotaTeq® in intermediate stores and health facilities can benefit from the specifically configured and packaged vaccine data logger, which is compliant to the World Health Organisation (WHO) PQS specification E006/TR06.3.
Guidance for using the TRED30-16R for vaccine temperature monitoring
The thermal dampener, supplied in conjunction with the TRED30-16R is used to dampen temperature response times in order to accurately measure vaccine storage temperatures. Thermal dampeners were created by LogTag following the guidance by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention and are clean and adaptable alternatives to traditional Glycol buffers. Buffering the temperature readings helps to avoid collecting transient temperature spikes caused by opening and shutting doors and the oscillation of fans inside fridges used to control temperature. The dampener, when used in conjunction with standard operating procedures outlined in the CDC guidance document, will help with vaccine storage routines an minimise alarms and impact on product quality.
The TRED30-16R vaccine data logger features a visual display of current temperature and previous alarms, which is an important feature in “static” applications such as cool rooms and refrigerators for the CDC. The TRED30 vaccine data logger can also be used in transit applications where a direct readout of the statistical data is required without use of a computer or readout device.
TRED30-16R Key features
- Visual Display – The easy to read LCD display delivers key information at a glance and enables users to navigate through a 30-day summary of min-max results and alarm events before interfacing with a computer. Display functions: Current temperature, alarm status – in range, out of range (cross), recording status and battery condition.
- Audible data logger alarm – If a measurement is recorded outside of user definable temperature alarm limits an audible alert will be generated to attract the attention of responsible personnel. The next step will be to review details of the alarm on the local LCD display before connecting the data logger with a computer to inspect the collected time vs temperature data.
- Interchangeable temperature sensor – Select from a comprehensive range of LogTag data logger probes with gold plated connectors.
- User replaceable battery – An inexpensive coin cell data logger battery that can be sourced and replaced onsite without special tools.
- Accuracy and repeatability – Even though the TRED30-16R exceeds regulatory guidance, our calibration department can perform application specific services to enhance the results at appropriate test points.
- EU and FDA Compliance – Meets the demands of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and EU Annex 11 for data security, audit trails and signatures.
- Requires LogTag temperature sensor, USB cradle interface and LogTag software for measurement, configuration and analysis.
Supplied with user replaceable battery.
Configure the TRED30-16R using LogTag data logger software. Pair and address the vaccine data logger with an appliance or provide a unique name for use in mapping the thermal properties of an appliance or location within a storage area. Set a recording interval, low and high alarm limits and the method of triggering the recording (Button start or predefined date and time) and deploy the data logger using the handy anchoring point (Hole in the corner) or using the optional mounting bracket. Review the data using the LCD display and collect the data logger for download in the event of temperature excursion or for weekly or monthly audit. Upon insertion of the data logger into the USB cradle, downloaded data is stored automatically and presented in a clear and concise report which can be printed or distributed via email. Additional analysis can be performed within the software using the graphical, tabular and statistical features.